You can get an older (updated Jan 2009) pdf version of my Resume here.
Personal InformationName: Sarvjeet Singh
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN Aug 05 Jan 09
PhD in Computer Science, GPA: 3.92/4.0
Thesis: Database Support for Uncertain Data
- Krannert Graduate School of Management, West Lafayette, IN Summer 07
Applied Management Principles (Mini MBA)
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN May 05
M.S. in Computer Science, GPA: 4.0/4.0
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, India May 03
Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering, GPA: 8.68/10.0
- Staff Software Engineer, Google, Mountain View, CA Jan 09 current
Leading the team that works on maximizing advertiser's ROI through automated real-time bidding. Conversion Optimizer and Enhanced CPC are two of our externally launched products.
- Summer Intern, Google, Mountain View, CA Jun 08 Sep 08
Proposed and implemented a solution for automatic schema change detection and reconciliation of constantly evolving data sources.
- Graduate Research Assistant, Computer Science, Purdue University Jan 07 Jun 08
Worked on research issues related to managing uncertain data and developed Orion DBMS which extends PostgreSQL to deal with imprecise or uncertain data.
- Graduate Research Professional, Rosen Center for Advanced Computing, Purdue University Dec 05 Dec 06
Developed mobile applications for deployment in intelligent environments using technologies such as J2ME and conducted research on issues related to communication technologies such as RFID and Bluetooth.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Computer Science, Purdue University Aug 05 Dec 05
Assisted students with their problems and graded lab assignments in the graduate level Operating Systems course.
- Summer Intern, Amazon.com, Seattle, WA May 05 Aug 05
Developed a high performance fault-tolerant business application utilizing distributed caching and databases.
- Graduate Research Assistant, Computer Sciences, Purdue University Aug 03 May 05
Worked on issues related to Privacy and Security in Databases.
- Summer Intern, Media Lab Asia (Arm of MIT Media Lab, USA), Mumbai, India May 02 Jul 02
Developed and implemented a prototype of a Multilingual & Meaning Based Search Engine.
- Research Associate, Center of Studies in Resources Engineering, IIT Bombay, India May 01 Jul 01
Developed and implemented algorithms for registration and analysis of satellite images.
- Programming languages: C/C++, Python, Java, Perl, Scheme, LISP, ML, Ruby, Pascal, Fortran, Unix shell programming, VHDL, 8085/86 Assembly language
- Operating Systems: Unix/Linux, Windows, Mac OS X
- Databases: Oracle 9i, XPath, XQuery, JDBC, SQL, PostgreSQL, PL/pgSQL
- Miscellaneous: J2EE and EJB, PHP, Servlets, OpenGL, HTML, XML/XSL, Java Script, CSS, J2ME, BREW, Bison/Yacc, Flex
Selected Projects(Visit projects page for more information)
- Orion: A Database System for Managing Uncertain Data
- Zecosystem: An infrastructure for context-aware neural environments
- Multilingual and Meaning Based Search Engine
- Phoebes: An Artificial Creativity Engine for Generating Music
- Distributed Banking System
- An Online Stock Exchange
- GUMNAM: A two-way anonymous communication protocol
- Voronoi Diagrams for Moving Object Databases
- Library for threshold signatures
- A Distributed Peer to Peer File Sharing System
- R. Yang, Sarvjeet Singh, P. Cao, E. Chi and B. Fu. Video Watch Time and Comment Sentiment: Experience from Youtube. In proceedings of the Forth IEEE Workshop on Hot Topics in Web Systems and Technologies (HotWeb 2016), Washington, DC, USA.
- Y. Qi, R. Jain, Sarvjeet Singh, S. Prabhakar. Threshold query optimization for uncertain data. In proceedings of Special Interest Group on Management of Data (SIGMOD), 2010.
- Sarvjeet Singh, C. Mayfield, S. Mittal, S. Prabhakar, S. Hambrusch and R. Shah. The Orion Uncertain Data Management System. In proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Management of Data (COMAD 2008 Demo), Mumbai, India, Dec 2008.
- S. Prabhakar, R. Shah and Sarvjeet Singh. Indexing Uncertain Data. Chapter 9 of Charu Aggarwal, ed., Managing and Mining Uncertain Data, Springer-Verlag, 2008/9.
- Y. Qi, Sarvjeet Singh, R. Shah, S. Prabhakar. Indexing Probabilistic Nearest-Neighbor Threshold Queries. In proceedings of Workshop on Management of Uncertain Data (MUD, VLDB), Auckland, New Zealand, Aug 2008.
- Sarvjeet Singh, C. Mayfield, R. Shah, S. Prabhakar and S. Hambrusch. Query Selectivity Estimation for Uncertain Data. In proceedings of 20th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM 2008), Hong Kong, China, Jul 2008.
- Sarvjeet Singh, C. Mayfield, S. Mittal, S. Prabhakar, S. Hambrusch and R. Shah. Orion 2.0: Native Support for Uncertain data. In proceedings of Special Interest Group on Management of Data (SIGMOD 2008 Demo), Vancouver, Canada, Jun 2008.
- Sarvjeet Singh and Sunil Prabhakar. Ensuring Correctness over Untrusted Private Databases. In proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT 2008), Nantes, France, Mar 2008.
- Sarvjeet Singh, C. Mayfield, R. Shah, S. Prabhakar, S. Hambrusch, J. Neville and R. Cheng. Database Support for Probabilistic Attributes and Tuples. In proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2008), Cancun, Mexico, Apr 2008.
- Sarvjeet Singh, C. Mayfield, S. Prabhakar, R. Shah and S. Hambrusch. Indexing Uncertain Categorical Data. In IEEE 23rd International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2007), Istanbul, Turkey, Apr 2007.
- R. Cheng, Sarvjeet Singh, S. Prabhakar, R. Shah, J. Vitter and Y. Xia. Efficient Join Processing over Uncertain Data. In proceedings of the ACM 15th Conf. on Information and Knowledge Management (ACM CIKM 2006), Arlington, USA, Nov 2006.
- Reynold Cheng, Sarvjeet Singh and Sunil Prabhakar. U-DBMS: A Database System for Managing Constantly-Evolving Data. In Very Large Databases Conf. (VLDB 2005 Demo), Trondheim, Norway, Aug 2005.
- M. Surve, Sarvjeet Singh and P. Bhattacharyya. Agro-Explorer: A Meaning based Multilingual Search Engine. International Conference on Digital Libraries (ICDL), New Delhi, India, Feb 2004
- P. Bhattacharyya, Sarvjeet Singh, U. Gundevia, U. Misra and T. Chandra. A Multi-Lingual, Meaning Based Search Engine. International Conference on Universal Knowledge and Language, Goa, India, Nov 2002
- S. Mukherji, K.S. Rao and Sarvjeet Singh. Registering SAR Interferometric images using cross-correlation. National symposium on recent advances in Remote Sensing and GIS technologies for Natural Resource Management, Mumbai, India, Dec 2001
- Program committee member for ICDE 09 demo track.
- External Reviewer for many conferences including SIGMOD 07, VLDB (05,06,07), ICDE (05 - 09), DASFAA (05 - 08), ACM SAC (05, 06), EDBT 09, COMAD 05, MobiDE 05, SSDBM 07 and SSTD 05
- Computer Science Graduate Committee representative and Webmaster for Graduate Student Board, Purdue University (2005 - 06)
- Treasurer for Upsilon Pi Epsilon (Computer Science Honors Society) (2005 - 06)
Honors and Awards
- Awarded the Bilsland Dissertation Fellowship for academic excellence by the Department of Computer Science, Purdue University, 2008-2009
- Selected by College of Science, Purdue University for Applied Management Principles (AMP) program offered by Krannert Graduate School of Management, 2007
- Recipient of Verizon Foundation Scholarship for academic excellence, 2005-06
- Member of Upsilon Pi Epsilon (Computer Science Honors Society)
- Awarded Misys Foundation Fellowship for academic excellence in IIT, 2000-03
- Received Merit Award for academic excellence from IIT Bombay for the academic year 1999-2000
- Awarded travel grant for attending DMSN 05 Workshop held in Trondheim, Norway
- Ranked among the top 0.1% of about 150,000 students appearing for the IIT JEE-99
- Recipient of National Talent Scholarship, India, 1997
- Scored 97% in National (Indian) Mathematics Olympiad
- Ranked 10/700 in Bitwise 2K++ Algorithm Intensive Programming Contest (IIT Kgp 2001)